vic family lawyers logo


In some cases, it is mandatory to hire a lawyer, otherwise, the state will provide you with the services of a lawyer to defend your case. What most people do is to look for specialised professionals instead of letting the state hire a lawyer whose field of specialisation may not be family law. For you to have a better understanding of the situation and to stay calm knowing that your case will be evaluated by experts, the most suitable decision is to hire the services of top-qualified professionals who have dedicated their careers to master the study of family laws.

When you choose VIC Family Lawyers services you are selecting a top law firm that will work up to your expectations and allow you to have peace of mind during the entire process.

To determine in which cases the intervention of a lawyer, a procurator or both before the courts are necessary, it is necessary to distinguish between its different branches or law jurisdictions: civil, criminal, labour and administrative. In some cases, as we will see, it is not mandatory to use a lawyer to go to court. However, although not essential, his intervention will always be advisable, since even the most seemingly simple issues can contain legal complexities that escape the profane in Law, and an appropriate defence can only be guaranteed by a lawyer with the necessary training and competence.

Our Services


  • How do I apply for an intervention order?

    Making an application for an intervention order is an effortless process, you should first contact your nearest court and make an appointment to see a registrar. The registrar will talk to you about your application and will give you information about legal representation. However, you may prefer contacting a top lawyer who can provide you with all the information you need regarding intervention orders.

  • How you know your intervention order has been served?

    If you want to check that a copy of your intervention order has been served on the respondent you can contact the police nearest to where the respondent lives. Alternatively, you can contact the court where the order was made.

  • How do I apply to have my intervention order changed or cancelled?

    If you have a current intervention order and want it changed (it can be modified) or cancelled (revoked), you can go to the court and there a registry team will assist you to lodge an application to vary or revoke the order.

  • For respondents looking to have the order varied or revoked, you will first need to apply to the court for permission to make that application. You will need to show that there has been a change of circumstances since the order was made and that the change may justify a variation or revocation of the order.


    The intervention of the lawyer in the judicial processes will always be necessary except in:

    • In the initial request for the payment procedures.
    • In those writings requesting the adoption of urgent measures prior to the trial or the suspension of hearings and proceedings.
    • Certain procedures that do not exceed a specific amount of money.

    However, when the intervention of a lawyer and solicitor is not obligatory, and any of the parties decides to assist both professionals, they must inform the court so that the latter will give them the opportunity, as well as presenting themselves with a lawyer and solicitor.

    What is sought is to ensure the equality of the parties in the trial, an equality that can be jeopardised if one of them comes accompanied by a lawyer and the other does not. In the latter case, the same court or tribunal, if it appreciates the existence of this inequality may agree to suspend the procedure until it designates or is appointed a lawyer.


    In the other hand, it is mandatory the intervention of the prosecutor in all civil proceedings except for:

    • Verbal judgments for lower amounts.
    • In the initial request for the payment procedures.
    • In those writings requesting the adoption of urgent measures prior to the trial or the suspension of hearings and proceedings.
    • In the universal judgments, when the appearance is limited to present titles of credit or rights, or to concur to meetings.
    • In the incidents related to the objection of resolutions regarding legal aid.
    • In the criminal process.

    Whenever a person is detained he has the right to appoint or to be appointed a lawyer for his defence. In these cases, the lawyer’s assistance will consist of requesting that the rights of the detainee or prisoner be informed, requesting the declaration or extension of the points that he considers necessary, requesting that the incidents that may have occurred be reflected in the minutes.

    Here at VIC Family Lawyers you will find a team of top qualified professionals dedicated to help solve your case successfully. Joining forces with our professionals with years of experience in the field we will be able to come up with a great and cost-efficient solution.

Request Call Back


  • CALL US (03) 9481 6464